Stages of Meditation
The stages of meditation apply to all methods of meditation. Whatever your preferred practice is; visualization, single image focus, breathing, or
these stages apply.
Meditation no matter what form you choose is the corner stone to building a happier, healthier you. So to help you better understand the process I have outlined here the different stages of meditation.
Becoming conscious of your body and mind and focusing your awareness to bring about a state of calm and relaxation. This is achieved by using any of the meditation methods mentioned above.
After you have achieved a calm state of mind you begin to explore and develop an awareness of your inner-self. Becoming the observer and letting thoughts flow in and flow out.
Your self exploration opens that part of you that was unconscious. Now you pursue the inner-self, spiritual growth, and awareness of the source energy or higher power. This leads to greater self-realization.
Meditation is a Process
These stages of meditation take time to master and develop so don’t be discouraged. Meditation is a process, a conditioning and changing of body, mind, and spirit, so as with any process you need to be patient and go with the flow.
After all, that is what meditation is all about going with the flow of life. You gain an improved capacity to deal with life’s ups and downs. Meditation will not make problems go away, but it will greatly improve how you approach them and deal with them as they arise. It gives you the tools to live your best life now.
Mastering the Process
Keep these points in mind to help you through the process of meditation and reach your goals:
1. Know what your goal is; self-awareness, calm, peace of mind . . .
2. Be consistent in your practice and
set the mood
for a quiet calm atmosphere.
3. Do not compare yourself to others, especially those that have been meditating for years.
4. Use the meditation method that you are most comfortable with.
5. When thoughts arise during meditation remember you are just the observer, do not get caught up in them. Let thoughts flow in and flow out.
6. Last but certainly not least, be kind to yourself, move through the stages of meditation one at a time, with consistency you will find the joy within.
I know you can do it, you have come to this point in your life knowing there is so much more to just the usual 9 to 5 drudgery. Make this the day you make the decision to change the way you see the life around you and the way you live it. Meditation will help you live your best life now.
Namaste! I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace.
Return to How to Meditate from Stages of Meditation.
Living Words of Wisdom. com